We are YAGBON RADIO, the first licensed private radio station in the Bole District of the Savannah Region of Ghana established in October 2013. Operating on a 98.9MHz frequency, Yagbon radio is a community radio wholly owned by Nana Kyereme Mumuni Salifu(prominent citizen of Bole and Techiman), a respected traditional leader and non-partisan international business man with business interest in Europe, America, Asia, and Ghana. He is also a Broadcast engineer specialist in FM transmitting equipments.
Yagbon radio is a Community radio station with a coverage span of about 100 kilometers squares (Bole District, Sawla-Tuna-Kalba District, Parts of West Gonja District, Wa West District and also part of the Kintampo North Municipality). The radio station broadcast fully 20 hours (4am to 12 midnight) on it air wave with the hardworking and dedicating staffs presenting in the various languages like English, Gonja, Twi, Waale, Vagla, Safalba, Briifor and French to enhance the listening populous.
The radio station premise is located in the most commercial area of Bole and situated adjacent to the Ghana National Fire Service and closely behind the Bole District Police Headquarters’ at Mempeasem.
The Mission Statement
Creating content that educates, informs and inspire rural folks to become inclusive and responsible citizens.
To build a better informed citizenry to co-exist harmoniously.
- Our audience, our priority
- Striving to serve our audience better
- Engaging our community in authentic and more reliable meaningful ways
- Absolute respect for our audience
- Innovation and change are our hall mark
- We don’t have room for failure
- We believe in the evolution of public radio hence the need to strategically plan and strive to make us a model for sustainability, creativity and excellence.
- With us there’s nothing like impossibility
- We challenge ourselves to be the best in anything we task ourselves to do
- Associate ourselves with people who strive at excellence (Optimists)
- Together we build a conducive work environment
- Participatory engagement
- Encourage and accommodate divergent opinions
- Inclusiveness, compassion and concentrate on mutual understanding
- Sustainability and Reliable service
- Continuity is a trade mark we always associate ourselves with
- We pride ourselves with authentic and reliable source of information and data which our customers can confidently rely on.